Monday, February 14, 2011

Video Games That I'm Ashamed to Have Owned At One Point in My Life, Entry Two: Dead or Alive


(Image taken from: geeksetconline.com)

Okay, now Dead or Alive for the PS1 is a perfectly competent fighter, if not exactly a great one, so that's not the reason that I'm ashamed that I owned it at one point in my life. In fact, I'd even go the length to say that Temco really got it right with DoA3, as I'd put that up there as one of my favorite fighters of all time.

So, no, it's not that the game sucked. That's not why I'm ashamed that I bought it. I'm ashamed I bought it for another reason, and if you know the franchise, then I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this.

If you don't already know, DoA, while known for its fighting engine, is known for something even more titillating (Ah her her her)--its ladies.

Kasumi, Tina, Ayane, it doesn't matter who you pick, you're a perv no matter what.

Now, when I saw the still photos of the girls in my Gameplayers magazine, I thought, well, that doesn't look very appealing. But when I read that there was actually an option to make their breasts bounce, well...just watch the video below.



I mean, seriously, can you really blame me for shelling out $50 big ones back then for a game where you can make a girl's breasts bounce? I was like, 13 back then, and what 13 year old WOULDN'T have bought a game like this? Still, in hindsight, it was a pretty pervy thing to do--to buy a video game just to see polygon breasts (They weren't even real!) bounce. Oh, well. At least I didn't buy it because the Wu-tang Clan were in it this time.

No comments: