Thursday, February 23, 2017

Review: 'Tis

'Tis (Frank McCourt, #2)'Tis by Frank McCourt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have finally finished the trilogy, written by the great Frank McCourt. It's crazy that he made a whole career out of writing about his life. What's even crazier is that this book, unlike the first, Angela's Ashes, or the third, Teacher Man, doesn't actually tell much of a story at all, but may be my favorite of the three. I drum it up to the humor. There are times in this book when Frank McCourt is just being reminiscent of some of the livelier characters in his life, and he still makes it super compelling. Something like getting a degree in English is an adventure in Frank McCourt's world, and it was an adventure I enjoyed traveling on. A skilled writer and a phenomenal teacher-by how he tells it. A great book, overall.

View all my reviews

No comments: